Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 2 Progress Report

Total Profit: $192
Hours Played : 8


Another pretty good day, but I could have won 135$ more if I didn't get unlucky in 2 big hands. The first hand was from my cash game session I played on Full Tilt Poker, where I played for about 4hours and made 38$, which isn't too shabby. (For what its worth though any day that you play a lot poker and don't end up in the red is a good day, even if that means you just break even.) Here's the hand history and breakdown of that hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #11007398163: Table Slice (deep) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:08:22 ET - 2009/03/07
Seat 1: Gangstachic ($47.32)
Seat 2: whwood77 ($33.35)
Seat 3: LoveShy ($48.08)
Seat 4: jwesbro ($60.66)
Seat 5: the---WiRE1 ($59.05)
Seat 6: VBTFOOY ($37.07)
Seat 7: millionaire40 ($12.12)
Seat 8: JHONY CASH ($12.37)
Seat 9: mzperx77 ($61.80)
whwood77 posts the small blind of $0.10
LoveShy posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to the---WiRE1 [As Kh]
jwesbro folds
the---WiRE1 raises to $0.85 <----Standard preflop raise
jwesbro stands up
VBTFOOY folds
millionaire40 folds
Delfin33 adds $25
JHONY CASH folds
Delfin33 stands up
mzperx77 has 15 seconds left to act
mzperx77 folds
Gangstachic folds
whwood77 calls $0.75
LoveShy folds
*** FLOP *** [Kd Jh 4d]
Tompras stands up
whwood77 has 15 seconds left to act
whwood77 bets $1
the---WiRE1 raises to $3
whwood77 raises to $5
the---WiRE1 calls $2

I have top pair top kicker, which figures to be the best hand but their a lot of draws on this board so I raise his bet. He re-raises me, but this guy is a really bad player so it could mean anything. I decide to just call and see what he does on the turn and then proceed from there.

*** TURN *** [Kd Jh 4d] [6h]
whwood77 bets $11.95

He bets the size of the pot on the turn and my gut reaction is that he he has a weak hand and wants me to fold. I think my top pair top kicker is good so I raise enough to put him all in.

the---WiRE1 raises to $53.20
whwood77 calls $15.55, and is all in
the---WiRE1 shows [As Kh]
whwood77 shows [Jd 5d]

He calls with a pair and a flush draw so I was right, but he can still win the hand by hitting any of the 9 diamond cards, 2 jacks, or 3 fives. So he has 14 cards out of 44 he can win with, or about a 30% chance to make his hand.

*** RIVER *** [Kd Jh 4d 6h] [Ad]
the---WiRE1 shows two pair, Aces and Kings
whwood77 shows a flush, Ace high whwood77 wins the pot ($63.95) with a flush, Ace high

I got all my money in being a 70% favorite to win the hand with one card to come, but I got outdrawn. Pretty unlucky for me but I'm glad with how I played it so theirs nothing for me to get upset about, that's just the way the game is.
The other big hand I got unlucky in happened when I was heads up in a 180 man $4.40 tournament on Pokerstars. The difference between first and second was $72, but.....Shit happens and I ended up getting 2nd in the tournament for $144:



Profit chart for the sit and go tournaments I've played on pokerstars the past 2 days:

So after two days I'm +$396, which is pretty good considering I havent played as much as I planned on. When I came up with the idea to try and make $1k in 5 days, I planned on playing a loooooot of sit and go tournaments, anywhere from 75-150 a day. The reason being when you are only playing 3 to 6 dollar buyins, its very hard to make a high amount of money in a short amount of time, unless you are playing a shit ton of them. But two days in I've played 40 of them and made $208, so that's damn good, and doesn't happen very often.

The thing about this challenge is their's very little room for error. If I have just one day with a negative profit margin then the chances of me completing it are slim to none. But shit if it were easy then it wouldn't exactly be a challenge would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment